A Week's Work.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

This entry is dedicated to the activities I did in a week - a week I hope can be on repeat mode because I managed to do so much stuff and yet look forward to every single moment of it. A week where I had to stay back later than usual, got lesser rest, but still had so much fun. A week where I got to explore my 'hidden talents' and pushed my boundaries a little further. 

Rock Climbing

I vividly remember the last and only rock climbing I did which was in my P6 camp, being stuck halfway up the wall with only two attempts to "slip" given. Midway up, I tried to reach for the next grip and I slipped. I regained my composure and tried to go for the next stone in sight (think there could be some time limit involved otherwise I might have taken my time to hang around for abit). And no, I did not manage to reach the top of the (kid's) climb on my second try.

Years passed and as fate may have it, I got to face another (adult) climbing wall on my recce trip. Interesting. Tall. Wall. After my colleagues climbed and completed, and so my turn came...


I'm the slower one as you can see but the rationale is that I tread carefully on enemy's rocks *heh heh* but in the end...I still reached the top! Multiple times as you can clearly see in the next video :P


Tried bouldering for the first time and found it more exciting because of the different games we can play and also the riveting (pun intended) variations to climb a wall. Didn't know that I can get riveted on a wall in so many unglam and weird positions before...


All in all, glad I managed to conquer the wall I never did and had some rocky good fun at work!


First Food From Home

So...what do you do when you got a 'full' kitchen? Well, you cook! So says D and I whipped up a meal I previously disastrously made. Yes, the kind that gave me and those who ate diarrhoea for awhile (>.<) Hence, kudos to the brave boy who so gleamingly gobbled down this first (and surprisingly tasty!) success.


Scorpion Concert

Well, never thought I'd like listening to this type of rock music and now I'm a convert. Been listening to their songs for awhile now so that I'll be able to appreciate their concert better, but the whole experience is just fascinating. Previous concerts have accustomed my ears to shrieks: high pitched ear piercing ones. At this concert, all I could hear were voice-breaking low-sounding cheers *imagine army cheer songs*. I've never seen so many elderly men (40s-70s?) coming together, singing at the top of their lungs and showing the 'rock' hand-sign which I have never seen for quite some time now. Had to say it was really and eye-opening experience, fuelled by powerful cords, smoking guitar, the ever-so captivating drumming solo which were complemented with the nostalgic and well-timed special effects. Safe to say, there're two scorpion fans in the house now.


Cutting Hair

Vrrrrrrr~ Vrrrrrr~ After a few shaves, we both ended up laughing so hard - me feeling a tinge of pity at his partially shaved head and he (I guess) immediately having second thoughts about this money saving idea seeing that I went bonkas. Took awhile to calm me down before being able to proceed and complete what I set out to do. In the end, the cut wasn't thaaaaat bad. His friend even commented that he looks like he went to a barber for a haircut. Well, at least I do it like a barber...right? Next practice session, see you in a few months' time!

Well, a holiday is round the corner and I can't wait! Happy Diwali (or Deepavali as I know it) everyone! "May the glow from the diyas light your heart with happiness and joy!"

Photo by mee!

You Might Also Like

0 comments